Who wouldn’t like to start the day with a tall glass of refreshing cold brew?
You don’t need to be a trained barista to make a cup of cold brew nor do you have to visit an expensive café to get the rich taste of iced coffee! You can easily make the best cold brew suitable for your palate at home with these easy recipes. Take a look!
Quick Recipes to Make Cold Brew Coffee at Home
1. Mexican Cold Brew Coffee
- 6 cups cold water
- 6 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/3 cup coarsely ground coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- To begin with, place all ingredients in a large jar or pitcher, and give it a good stir. After that, put the mixture in a refrigerator and keep it overnight. When it is ready to use, apply a fine strainer for a large ground, and then strain again by lining the strainer with cheesecloth. If you want to do away with using a strainer, you can use a French Press instead.
- Serve this coffee with cream or ice and milk if desired. You can also store the leftover coffee in the refrigerator for use in future!
2. Spicy Iced Coffee Latte
- 4 tablespoons instant coffee
- 1 cup light cream
- 8 red dry hot peppers
- 4 cups boiling water
- Ice cubes
- First, you need to mix your preferred instant coffee with water, and allow it to cool at room temperature and then keep it inside the fridge. You can use it as soon as it is cold enough.
- Next, you just need to add some light cream and peppers to a small saucepan over medium heat. Turn it off as soon as it begins to boil. Give it around 30 minutes to stand. Remove the peppers and foam, and make use of a fine mesh if needed. Put it inside the refrigerator and use it only when it is cold.
- Take a glass, throw in some ice cubes, and pour in your desired amount of coffee. Then add the spicy cream.
- To make this iced coffee taste even better, choose an instant coffee variant from Sleepy Owl’s expansive range of flavours - Original , hazelnut, French Vanilla and Filter Kaapi.
3. French Iced Coffee
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup 8 ounces hot brewed coffee
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Take a large coffee mug put in coffee and sugar and keep stirring until the sugar dissolves. Next, add milk, chocolate syrup and whipping cream.
- Take a container and freeze the mixture in it overnight. When ready for use, put it inside the refrigerator for a couple of hours before serving or until it's slushy.
- Also, in case you don't have time to freeze overnight, refrigerating it for about 4 hours should be enough.
4. Salted Cream Iced Coffee
- 1/4 cup whipped cream
- 1 cup cold brew coffee
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Simple syrup - 2 tablespoons (more or less, based on your taste)
- This is undoubtedly one of the simplest and yet tastiest ways to whip up a cup of cold brew coffee at home! Fill a cup with ice and pour your coffee into it. Stir the simple syrup. Next, take a small bowl and mix salt and whipped cream together. Finally, layer with the coffee and enjoy!
So, there you go! Try all recipes to see which one you like the best.